Masking tapes are used in paint industry to provide perfect and sharp edges. Masking tape is preferred for both indoors and outdoors use, owing to its easy to use property, perfect finish, and easy removal without residue even from delicate surfaces. Multi-surface performance, easy unwind, and good adhesion are some of important factors to be considered while selecting painting masking tapes.
The paint or coating system, the nature of application, service temperature, adhesives used, and type of backing material determine the properties of masking tapes. Paints and coatings sector is one of the most heavily regulated industries in the world. For instance, as per the draft notification issued on April 8, 2016, by Indian Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on lead control regulations in household and decorative paints, restricted the lead content up to 90 ppm (internationally accepted standards for all kinds of paints).
Ask for detailed Sample of the Research Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/1832
Major driver for growth of the painting masking tapes is a growing paints and coating industry. According to World Bank, the market for paints in India is expected to grow 1.5 times to 2 times GDP growth rate in the next five years i.e. from 2016 to 2021. According to Berger Paints India Limited, 2018, around 75% of industry turnover is contributed by decorative paints and remaining 25% is of industrial paint. This industrial paint segment is comprises automotive, protective, and powder coatings.
The Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region in coatings market and it is estimated to account for the largest share of the global demand by 2020. China, India, and South Korea have witnessed significant growth in construction sector, which in turn is propelling demand for masking tapes in the Asia pacific. Increasing growth of the global construction industry is contributing to positive impacts on the growth of painting masking tapes market.
Uses of masking tapes vary from wet painting, spray painting, stenciling, sandblasting to high temperature applications such as printed circuit board manufacture and powder coating. Furthermore, they are handy in decline and restoration projects for building containments, labeling, hanging temporary signs, and bundling.
Painting masking tapes are important component in the paints and coatings industry. According to American Coatings Association, in 2017, the U.S. market accounted for 20% of US$ 149 billion global paints and coatings shipments value.
The key backing material used for these tapes are foam, paper, plastic, foil and fibers. Although rubber adhesives are widely used, silicone adhesives are preferred when temperature is above 160°C.
Increasing automotive manufacturing and metal production activities are expected to propel demand for painting masking tapes. Car customization is one of the mega trends in automotive industry. Increasing adoption of second cars is propelling demand for masking tapes in customization of a vehicle. Increasing sales of automobiles due to increasing disposable income is expected to drive growth of the market.
Demand for interior and exterior paints and coatings of an aircraft is high, owing to cargo traffic and international trade. Rising aerospace industry is another growth driver for painting masking tapes demand.
Key players in Global Painting Masking Tapes Market
Key players operating in global painting masking tapes include Advance Tapes International Ltd., Shurtape Technologies LLC, Beiersdorf Aktiengesellschaft, Bolex (Shenzhen) Adhesive Products Co. Ltd., Intertape Polymer Group, Inc., Scapa Group PLC, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation, Nitto Denko Corporation, Berry Global, and 3M Company.
Get More Information @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/ongoing-insight/painting-masking-tapes-market-1832
Key developments in masking tape are further fueling growth of the masking tapes industry. For instance, filmic tapes are preferred when precise masking is critical hence also called as fine-line tapes. Cloth masking tapes are efficient at extreme temperatures and climatic conditions.
3M high performance green masking tape withstands temperature up to 250°F for 30 minutes, offers superior adhesion to glass, metal, plastic and rubber and creates super sharp paint lines. Green color improves the visibility and accuracy during paint masking.
Several manufacturers are focused on development of products, which offer clean finish and robust adhesion properties.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154